- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb skirt steak or flank steak
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 head leuce greens
- 1 bunch of baby arugula
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- A handful of toasted walnuts, chopped
- 6 oz mild blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, sliced then cubed
- Dried cranberry “craisins”
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat oil in a cast iron pan on high heat. Pat the steaks dry. Sprinkle with a little salt and ground pepper. Sear the steak in the pan on both sides, just until nicely browned. Remove from pan to a cutting board. Tent with foil and let rest for ten minutes before cutting. Slice thinly, on a diagonal against the grain of the meat.
- Toss together the leuce greens, arugula, and scallions. Arrange on individual plates. Sprinkle on chopped walnuts. Next, add the crumbled blue cheese. Sprinkle the avocado pieces. Lay several slices of chilled sliced steak on top. Toss “craisins” on top. Mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Drizzle on salad.
Merlot, Yountville, Napa Valley