Search Scallops On a Bed Of Greens and Avocado
- 1 large head of butter lettuce
- 1 shallot
- 1 cup sweet corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 avocado
- 2/3 lb dry packed sea scallops, large
- Green Goddess dressing
- Finely slice a shallot and sauté over low heat about fifteen minutes, then add a cup of sweet corn. Continue to cook over low heat until thoroughly cooked and softened, then set aside.
- While shallot and corn cook, rinse a large head of butter lettuce and drain, then pat dry. Shred into a large salad bowl; toss with your favorite Green Goddess dressing.
- Slice avocado and set aside. Thoroughly wash scallops, and pat dry.Put the salad together, with corn/shallot mixture atop avocado and the salad greens.
- With the other ingredients assembled, place a heavy pan over medium heat for several minutes. A drop of water should dance when hot. Add a bit of olive oil and swirl around. It will almost smoke. Quickly add the scallops and let them cook for two minutes. Flip them over for two more minutes. (They will continue cooking after you remove them from the pan.)
- Add to the top of the salad and serve immediately.
Chardonnay, Yountville, Napa Valley