Warm Steak Salad
- 1 small head of fresh spinach, torn
- 1 small head of romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 small head of iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 1/2 cups Crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tbsp clarified butter, divided in half
- 12 two ounce beef tenderloin medallions
- 3 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 large red onion, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 large ripe tomato, cut into quarters
- 1 avocado, sliced thinly
- Oriental dressing of choice
- Place the greens in a large bowl and set aside.
- Cut each medallion in half, lengthwise, yielding 24 pieces. In a sauté pan over medium high heat melt 2 TBS of the clarified butter. Add mushrooms and cook for several minutes. Remove to paper towel and cool.
- In the same pan, melt the remaining 2 tbsp of butter. Add medallions and sauté quickly on both sides to medium rare, about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to greens and toss with Oriental dressing. Divide greens evenly onto four plates.
- Divide medallions onto the four plates atop greens, sprinkle each with sesame seeds. Arrange 4 onion slices on top of beef. Place tomato on onion and arrange avocado on top of the tomato.
- Serve immediately.
Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley