Steak with Anchovy Butter
- 6 filet mignon steaks, about 1/2 lb. each and at least 1” thick
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 table spoons olive oil
Tip—Make this the day before, refrigerate overnight, and bring back up to room temperature before your meal for best flavor.
- 1 and 1/2 stick of butter, softened, at room temperature
- 6 cloves of fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1 can of anchovies, drained and blotted dry
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
Mix the above ingredients thoroughly.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper, then sauté in oil for about 4 minutes on each side for medium rare. Remove from heat and let rest five minutes.
- Immediately before serving, top with a generous spoonful of butter mixture. The warm steak will melt it and release a lovely cloud of aroma.
Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley