- 10 – 12 oz. filet mignon, 3 in. thick
- 4 same-sized spears of asparagus
- 2 oz. crab meat
- 3 oz. Béarnaise sauce
- 1/2 finely chopped fresh parsley
- (Prepare grill for steaks.)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each asparagus spear in half, top to bottom, trying to make all four section equal thickness.
- Place spears and crab meat in a single layer on cookie sheet. (Put steaks on grill and cook to desired temperature, then cut the filet in half, against the grain.)
- Heat asparagus and crabmeat thoroughly in oven about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven. Arrange four asparagus pieces on top of each filet in the shape of a # sign.
- Place an ounce of crabmeat on the asparagus.
- Pour 1.5 ounces of Béarnaise sauce on each filet, garnish with parsley, then serve.
Cabernet Sauvignon, Clone 6, Rutherford