ROAST BONELESS PORK LOIN
- 5 lbs. boneless pork loin
- 1/4 lb. sun dried prunes
- 1/2 cup Madeira wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Season pork loin with salt, pepper and chopped garlic. Let it marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roast pork in oven about 90 minutes, until internal temperature is 150 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let meat rest on a platter while sauce is made.
- Deglaze the roasting pan with Madeira wine and prunes.
- Cook over medium low heat until wine volume is reduced by one quarter.
- Blend in butter and remove from heat. Sliced pork and top with prunes and wine sauce.
Petit Verdot, Napa Valley