Merlot Reduction Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Bell 2010 Merlot
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Dash (1/16 teaspoon) cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Cook time – 15 minutes.
- This classic red wine sauce balances fruity notes of the wine with the tang of tomatoes and the smooth texture of heavy cream.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, reduce Merlot to half volume. Add tomato paste, mustard, and seasonings, whisking until smooth. Add cream and simmer the sauce until reduced by half and thickened. Serve hot, ladled over meat such as sirloin, lamb or seared pork.
Merlot, Yountville, Napa Valley