Beef Tenderlion with Horseradish Cream
- 1 whole beef tenderloin, about 3-4 pounds, trimmed and tied
- ¼ cup olive oil, split between coating beef and seasoning the roasting pan
- 2 TB of your favorite seasoned grill rub
- 24 brioche or Hawaiian bread rolls
- 1 bag of prewashed mixed greens or baby romaine
- Lars’ Crispy Onions, to taste (so yummy! – available on Amazon if not in a local store)
Horseradish Sauce condiment
- 1 pint sour cream
- 3-4 TBS prepared or fresh grated horseradish
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ tsp sugar
- Blend together, using less horseradish at first – taste and adjust. Chill for several hours and rest at room temperature for 60 minutes before serving, if time allows.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Brush tenderloin with oil and sprinkle generously with seasoning of your choice.
- Heat a heavy roasting pan over medium high heat. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and brown tenderloin on three sides. Turn to the fourth side and transfer to oven using convection fan for even more browning. Roast to desired temperature (about 20 – 30 minutes, 120° internal suggested), remove, tent with foil and rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, reduce oven to 300°. Split rolls, leave halves together and place on a cookie sheet in oven to warm. Cut tenderloin into thin 1/8 inch slices, transfer to a serving platter and drizzle with pan drippings.
- Serve on rolls with greens and Lars Crispy Onions. Compliment with horseradish sauce.