Sauvignon Blanc, Hoodoo Creek Vineyard, Lake County

Our Sauvignon blanc is grown on the Hoodoo Creek Vineyard in southern Lake County, located to the north of Napa Valley and away from the fog and moisture that characterize the coastal counties.  The moderate elevations found in the area contribute to the favorable growing conditions.  The unique variety of soils make for a geologically rich region, heavy in volcanic and mineral content, and ideal for growing grapes.  The county experiences a 50-degree differential between its daytime and nighttime temperatures, producing very warm days and cool, clear nights.  The area is known for producing world-class Sauvignon blanc – with lively crisp and bright fruit flavors, which are more melony than grassy and herbal.  Our single vineyard Sauvignon blanc is 25% barrel fermented.  The remaining 75% was barrel aged for 3 months, following cold fermentation in stainless steel.  The barrels used were a combination of 2nd, 3rd and 4th use, imparting very little wood flavor, but adding complexity and roundness to the palate.

Wine Notes