Cabernet Sauvignon, Clone 6, Rutherford

The grapes for this wine are sourced from the historic BV#3, now called Georges III and located adjacent to Caymus, off the Silverado Trail in the renowned Rutherford sub-appellation of the Napa Valley. It was originally planted by Georges de Latour of Beaulieu Vineyard in 1928 and replanted by Andy Beckstoffer, commencing in 1991.  Following his work identifying the differences between various Cabernet sauvignon clones, Anthony Bell spent many hours in this vineyard, introducing Clone 6 from budwood taken off BV’s block 4, where he conducted the clonal trials in 1980. Those vines are among the oldest in the Valley, and are planted in gravelly loam soils.