- Press Reviews
- Wine Notes
- Marketing Materials
- Education Materials
- What is a Clone?
- Bell Cabernet Sauvignon Clones
- The Story of Clone 6 and Bell Wine Cellars
- The Terroirs of Napa Valley
- Napa Valley Appellations
- Willamette Valley Collection
- Presentation Talking Points
- Varietal Selling Points
Daily 10:00am - 4:00pm
Tasting Room Hours
Daily 10:00am - 4:00pm
Grape to Glass Tour
Daily at 10:30am &
Key Talking Points
- Bell Wine Cellars is a small, family owned, boutique winery, located in Yountville, Napa Valley.
- Anthony Bell and Sandra Hewitt Bell have six employees, several of whom have been with them since the winery acquired its present location in Yountville in 1998.
- The winery produces 18 different wines, totaling between 12,000 and 15,000 cases annually, depending on the vintage. Several of these wines are produced in single barrel quantities. The wineries primary focus is Cabernet sauvignon, Syrah and Sauvignon blanc.
- Bell Wine Cellars was founded in 1991 by Anthony Bell, who grew up on a wine estate in Stellenbosch, South Africa. Somewhat unusual in the California industry, Anthony Bell has spent a lifetime associated with vineyards and wineries.
- Anthony Bell, with winemaking experience in South Africa, France and Spain, is an internationally known wine maker with outstanding credentials.
- Anthony Bell has been making wine in Napa Valley for 35 years, and spent his first 15 years in Napa Valley with Beaulieu Vineyard. During his tenure at BV he developed the first grower relations program in Napa Valley, planted the Cabernet sauvignon clonal trial, encouraged greater cooperation between grower and vintner, and helped establish the Carneros, Rutherford and Oakville appellations.
- Bell Wine Cellars has its own modern, recently expanded, winery, in Yountville, Napa Valley, allowing total control over the entire winemaking process.
- Bell Wine Cellars does not own all its own vineyard. An intentional part of the winery philosophy, this allows the winery to seek vineyard locations best suited to the winery style and varietal expression. Chardonnay and Merlot are grown on the winery estate in Yountville, while the remaining grapes are purchased from Yountville, Rutherford, Lake County and the Sierra Foothills under long term contracts that are both block and row specific - ensuring consistency and continuity. The winery recently added Pinot gris and Pinot noir from Oregon to its varietal offerings, taking advantage of the regions unique microclimate.
- Bell Wine Cellars is a well established winery with a great track record for making outstanding award-winning wines.
- Bell Wine Cellars has built its reputation on producing wines showing restraint, with elegance and balance. Classically styled wines with New World grapes.
- Bell Wine Cellars wines focus on the vineyard, are varietally correct, display a sense of place and have exceptional balance between the primary components of fruit, oak, acid and tannin.
- Bell Wine Cellars offers extraordinary wines at extremely reasonable pricing.
« Return to Educational Materials